Recently I've changed my corporate laptop for a corporate Macbook Pro, good bye Windows based Ruby coding problems! Hello OSX problems!
The hardest part was getting my local Jenkins working with my RVM installed Ruby and gems, my solution for those nasty "cucumber command not found" problems was a little ugly, but works wonders.
I started with echo $PATH on the console and copied all Ruby related parts, then I created a .jenkins_profile file with:
[[ -s "/Users/[MY_USER]/.rvm/scripts/rvm" ]] && source "/Users/[MY_USER]/.rvm/scripts/rvm" # Load RVM into a shell session *as a function*export PATH=/Users/[MY_USER]/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.0.0-p247/bin:/Users/[MY_USER]/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.0.0-p247@global/bin:/Users/[MY_USER]/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.0.0-p247/bin:/Users/[MY_USER]/.rvm/binexport GEM_HOME=/Users/[MY_USER]/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.0.0-p247export GEM_PATH=/Users/[MY_USER]/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.0.0-p247:/Users/[MY_USER]/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.0.0-p247@global
The first part is the rvm exports that I have on my own .bash_profile; then exporting a new $PATH with the Ruby info I copied earlier; ending with a forcing gem home and gem path for good measure.
Unfortunately for every job configuration I have to start with source /Users/[MY_USER]/.jenkins_profile, but it works fine and the local jenkins always has the gems I use.
Hope it helps more folks.